Saturday, January 2, 2010

Favorite New Songs of 2009

At the end of 2008, I made a post of my favorite albums of the year. This year, that was a little more difficult. I listened to such a wide mix of things this year, that I'm not even sure I have a favorite album. Except for The Used's Artwork, which I love. But my most listened to albums this year would be either The Lost Trailer's album from last summer or Luke Bryan's previous album or possibly even HOWL, which never strays far from my CD player.

Instead, I came up with a mix of my favorite songs that came out in 2009. This is the track listing as it was randomized by my iTunes, so they aren't in any particular order. also, I don't have the Gold Motel EP, so I can't include one of those songs, but GRETA! ♥ I know there is at least one of her songs that deserved to be included.

1. Weightless, off All Time Low's Nothing Personal. Okay, so I really, really dislike All Time Low, and I wouldn't mind never seeing them live again, but I love their music. And I really have liked this song ever since I heard it at the first BND date I went to in Dallas.

2. American Saturday Night, off Brad Paisley's American Saturday Night. I'm a huge Brad Paisley fan. I think everyone in this family is. And it's always hard for me to pick a favorite of his songs, but I really like this one.

3. I May Be Rude But I'm The Truth, off Cobra Starship's Hot Mess. I still muchly prefer the older stuff, but I like Hot Mess okay. &gabe;

4. Are You Blind?, off Drive A's Loss of Desire. I don't know that I ever would have listened to Drive A if they hadn't been on tour with The Used, but I think they're pretty adorable little babies. (also, I'm not sure "adorable" is the image they're going for, but I can't help thinking this. Seriously, they're so young!) This song is also known as the "going down" song, b/c I don't know the actual titles of any of their songs, lol.

5. Bang, by Empires. I love them immensely and, if you didn't know that, you apparently don't pay that much attention to me. Obviously, I mention it a lot on LJ, but I'm pretty sure I mention it plenty in my day-to-day life too. And if you don't have this song, you need to visit their website right the fuck now and download their music for free because they are made of awesome.

6. I Love Your Love The Most, off Eric Church's Carolina. Eric Church played an acoustic set at the Jefferson Center while I was in Texas. I was pretty sad I missed it.

7. Don't Think I Can't Love You, off Jake Owen's Easy Does It. Okay, so I almost put included Eight Second Ride instead, but I figured that was cheating because there was a version of that on one of Jake's other albums. So you get the love song instead.

8. Big Green Tractor, off Jason Aldean's Wide Open. Do yall even know how much I want to go see Jason Aldean in February?

9. Why Don't We Just Dance, off Josh Turner's Haywire. I absolutely love Josh Turner's voice, and this song is just catchy and dancey and addictive. Possibly should have been on the happy songs mix as well. :)

10. Do I, off Luke Bryan's Doin' My Thing. *happy sigh* Yall, I love Luke Bryan. And he's gonna be here next month with Jason Aldean! I really really really want to go to this concert.

11. New Perspective by Panic! at the Disco. This one didn't need an explanation on my LJ beyond "Brendon Urie." :P I love this song, and how different it feels from both AFYCSO and pretty. odd., and I like how Brendon felt the need to point out "that means blow job!" Also, I'm super excited to see what Brendon and Spencer have in store for us, musically, in 2010.

12. Simple Things off Rodney Atkins' It's America. Rodney Atkins songs always make me think "omg, that's our life." This one is definitely no exception.

13. I Hate Everyone, off Say Anything's self titled album. I hate everyone. What more is there to say? (also, this song will forever remind me of Stevie and Texas, so that's a bonus)

14. Everything Must Go, off Taking Back Sunday's New Again. Idk what it is about this song that I like, but I really, really do.

15. Born to Quit, off The Used's Artwork. Do you know how difficult it was to pick a favorite off this album? But the first time I listened to Artwork, this was my first favorite, so it was the one I stuck with.

16. Rain Falls Down, off We The Kings' Smile Kid. WTK is one of those bands that I love the boys more than the music, but this is possibly my favorite off the new album. I haven't listened enough to be able to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment