Sunday, April 11, 2010

March of Dimes / Relay for Life

I know that everyone is doing fundraiser stuff this time of year, but I am too, and I know that there is no better way to spread the word and get donations than the internet. Don’t feel like you have to donate, but if you can spare a few dollars and would like to, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am a captain for a March of Dimes team for a walk that is taking place on April 25th, and a walker for a Relay for Life team for a walk that is taking place on June 18th. For the March of Dimes event, both boys are also signed up to participate as walkers, so I’m actually just going to link to their donation pages. For the Relay for Life event, I’ll link you to my personal page.

I know the economy is tough right now, but as someone pointed out to me, babies don’t stop being born early just because we can’t afford them. The same with cancer; people don’t stop getting sick just because they can’t afford healthcare. Both these organizations do a lot to promote research and wellbeing. The money raised by the March for Babies goes to helping women have healthy, full-term pregnancies and funding research to find answers to the problems that face all babies. The money raised by Relay for Life goes to the American Cancer Society for help finding cures, helping people get well, and helping people stay well.

Again, don’t feel like you need to donate. I know that we all have other obligations and causes we personally support. However, if you are interested, here are the links:

Ronnie’s March of Dimes page:


Davey’s March of Dimes page:


My Relay for Life page:


No comments:

Post a Comment